My mom had a zucchini in the fridge tonight when I was visiting for dinner, so I took that as an opportunity for the day’s Pinterest project.
Here is the recipe I followed:
Clean Eating Roasted Summer Squash
(Makes approximately 6 servings)
- 4 large zucchini
- 2 large yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Olive oil – In an oil sprayer
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop your squash into large, chunky slices about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a light coat of olive oil.
- Line up your squash slices like little soldiers. Don’t worry about leaving any space between them. They’ll cook just fine scrunched together.
- Spray a very light coat of olive oil over the top of the squash.
- Sprinkle your spices, including the Parmesan over the squash.
- Bake for approximately 30-45 minutes, or until they have a very light golden hue to them, and you can easily push a fork through them.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.
This zucchini recipe was tasty. I really liked how the cheese and garlic was baked right on. The one thing I did not like was how squishy the zucchini was. It was really watery and drippy. Perhaps it cooked too long….maybe not long enough. I feel like we have already established that I am not really too familiar with zucchini cooking.
Total cost: $0