When I first got married, my husband and I made our first trek to Ikea. We didn’t really know what it was all about, but I distinctly remember on this trip seeing a bin of tea lights in bags of 100. The bin was one of the first things I saw and I immediately picked up a bag. I NEEDED these tea lights. They are so versatile. And useful. And now, seven and a half years later, I still have about 30-40 of them. (So maybe I didn’t need them so badly after all…)
Since I had a bunch of them, I decided that I should make them a little prettier than they currently are. The biggest problem here is that they must have spent some time in my non-temperature-controlled shed and some are a little misshapen and the wicks have melted down into the candle. I had to pick at them to pop them up. I picked out ones that were the least ugly, and decided to give them a facelift.
I wrapped some 1/2 inch ribbon around them, secured it with hot glue, and voila…a masterpiece. I think they are really adorable.
Total cost: $0